Sibiu is a well-known touristic location for its well-preserved and properly highlighted historical center. The historical center of Sibiu spreads over 80 hectares, which represent a protected area. This area includes the central squares – the Large Square , the Small Square , the Huet Square, the Goldsmiths’ Square, the Arms Square – public spaces which impress through their aspect, being at the same time a stage for the cultural and sports events of the city and a meeting place for locals, as well as for tourists. In the Large Square and the Small Square we find buildings which host museums, some of these buildings having been the homes of generals and representatives of the local administration. Churches belonging to different religions and confessions represented in Sibiu are also to be found here: the Orthodox Cathedral, the Evangelic Cathedral, the Roman-Catholic Church, a Greek-Catholic Church, a Reformed Church and a Synagogue.
The narrow, but cozy streets of the historical center, guarded by historical buildings and roofs with skylights known as "the eyes of Sibiu", cross the Upper Town and direct us towards the Lower Town. This part of the historical center also regained its fair aspect. The rehabilitation works of streets and squares in this part of the historical center started in 2005. In 2012 and 2013, four of the most important streets and squares in this area regained their former charm: Ocnei Street, Faurului Street, 9 Mai Street and Turnului Street, the latter leading towards another historical area of the city – the Terezian district. This is the second oldest district of Sibiu,
being structured on three nuclei: the nucleus of “măierime”, Konrad’s land and the area of the Neuropsychiatry Hospital.
Situated in the immediate vicinity of the historical center, the Iosefin district formed during the Habsburg period of the city. The area impresses through its imposing buildings, displaying a spectacular architecture. At the present, this district hosts the Vice-chancellorship of the Lucian Blaga University, office spaces, hotels and restaurants.
We then reach the Sub Arini Park , founded in 1856. Today, the park spreads over 22 hectares, displaying 70 essences of wood characteristic for the location as well as exotic trees and hosting 100 species of birds.
The music gazebo, the water fountain, the bust of poet Mihai Eminescu, the meandering alleys, the flowers and the trees, but also the bike track, make this park well appreciated by locals, as well as a very interesting location for tourists.
The Dumbrava Natural Park  spreads over 960 hectares. Aside from the beauty of the forest which invites to walks, the park hosts the Zoo Garden and the Astra Museum of Folkloric Traditional Civilization.
Zoo Sibiu  is the first zoological garden which opened in the country in 1929, spreading at the present on over 15 hectares. More than 250 animals representing over 50 species found shelter here, shelters which are built in a special natural landscape.
On a surface measuring around 100 hectares, the Astra Museum of Folkloric Traditional Civilization  presents traditional houses and technical installations of the Romanian folkloric civilization.